This deserves a longer post, as it’s been around for 18(!) years, and it’s still kicking around in legacy mode.
BCForSaleByOwner was my testing ground for everything;
- Final project for the computer trade school (PHP and Web Design)
- Running my first Adwords Campaigns (for 2 cents a click)
- Marketing & Business Plans in College
- Accepting payments (at 9% – ouch!)
- Different business models
- Multiple designs and rebuilds
I tried holding back messages until people upgraded; This was the way dating websites worked back then. Customer’s didn’t like it.
I tried free trials, low monthly payments, and even tried some partnerships.
It was a good learning project, but the market was one that I couldn’t serve (and were self-selected a price sensitive). It would still be good for a Real Estate agent or low cost MLS provider. Hit me up if you want to make an offer